AN ECO-CHIC VENUE
At Hayne House we believe that what makes us different is that we are an eco friendly wedding venue with values that include integrity, honesty, passion and importantly with an environmental conscience. We are an ‘innovatively-green’, sustainable, wedding venue, which gives modern thinking couples the opportunity to not only celebrate their love for each other but also for their love of the planet.
In 2018 we took down the marquee and launched the new, sustainable Orangery and created a building that meant that “going green” no longer implies having to compromise on style. We have created a building that:
- uses sustainable materials that included triple glazing argon filled glass windows and roof lanterns, responsibly sourced mahogany wood for quality, durability and it is designed to retain the heat in the cooler months and keep cool and ventilated in the summer.
- doesn’t use air conditioning, but does have lots of floor to ceiling doors and automated roof vents that are thermostatically controlled to ensure sufficient ventilation and air flow keeping guests at a comfortable temperature all year round.
- has three spectacular roof lanterns, which means that it is light and bright all year round but also that you can just take a moment to look up to the sky making everyone feel relaxed, freer and more connected with the outside.
As environmental concerns jump on the global agenda, we also want to do our bit by adopting responsible practices and by constantly looking for new ways to improve these so that we can operate as greenly as possible.
We follow responsible practices such as recycling, grow our own herbs, only offer paper straws in cocktails, collect water to use on the lawns, and have started to introduce solar panels across the estate.
- We look at all our day to day practices to see how we can support couples who want to host a greener wedding, without losing their sense of style or undermining their values. Recently we have introduced a series of measures in line with our eco pledge, which you can see on our “Guide to hosting an eco-friendly wedding” blog.
- In addition to this we strongly support local suppliers and encourage our couples to think more greenly by promoting local florists, wedding cake makers, photographers and videographers. We choose hand-picked suppliers who are local and who support our green pledge, such as Scott Andersons our amazing caterers.
- As a consequence of all of our green efforts, we are delighted to be listed on: https://cocoweddingvenues.co.uk/venue_type/eco/