What makes Hayne House unique is that we are an eco-concious wedding venue with values that include integrity, honesty and passion, all with an environmental conscience.
We pride ourselves on being ‘innovatively-green’ and sustainable which gives modern thinking couples the opportunity to not only celebrate their love for each other but also for their love of the planet.
In 2018 we launched our new, sustainable Orangery and created a building that meant that “going green” no longer implies having to compromise on style.
The team have created a building that:
- uses sustainable materials including triple glazing argon filled glass windows and roof lanterns, responsibly sourced mahogany wood for quality, durability and is designed to retain the heat in the cooler months and stay well ventilated and cool in the summer.
- doesn’t use air conditioning, but does have lots of floor to ceiling doors and automated roof vents that are thermostatically controlled to ensure sufficient ventilation and air flow keeping guests at a comfortable temperature all year round.
- has three spectacular roof lanterns, which means that it is light and bright all year round but also that you can just take a moment to look up to the sky making everyone feel relaxed, freer and more connected with the outside. Your day is full of natural light.
As environmental concerns jump on the global agenda, we also want to do our bit by adopting responsible practices and by constantly looking for new ways to improve these so that we can operate as greenly as possible.
OUR RESPONSIBLE PRACTICES
We follow responsible practices such as recycling, growing our own herbs and fruit for the bar, collecting rain water, offering paper straws and are also beginning to introduce solar panels across the estate.
- We look at all our day to day practices to see how we can support couples who want to host a greener wedding, without losing their sense of style or undermining their values. Recently we have introduced a series of measures in line with our eco pledge, which you can see on our “Guide to hosting an eco-friendly wedding” blog.
- In addition to this we strongly support local suppliers and encourage our couples to think more greenly by promoting local florists, wedding cake makers, photographers and videographers. We choose hand-picked suppliers who are local and who support our green pledge, such as Scott Andersons our amazing caterers.
- As a consequence of all of our green efforts, we are delighted to be listed on: Coco Weddings and Sustainable Wedding Movement.
- In March 2020, along with some fantastic supplier we hosted our Eco-Chic Styled Shoot.