WHAT MAKES HAYNE HOUSE UNIQUE?
We are an eco-concious wedding venue with values that include integrity, honesty and passion all with an environmental conscience.
We pride ourselves on being ‘innovatively-green’ and sustainable which gives modern thinking couples the opportunity to not only celebrate their love for each other but also for their love of the planet.
Our sustainable Orangery means that “going green” no longer implies having to compromise on style.
The team have created a space that:
- uses sustainable materials including triple glazing argon filled glass windows and roof lanterns
- is made from responsibly sourced mahogany wood for quality, durability
- is designed to retain the heat in the colder months and stay well ventilated and cool in the summer.
- avoids the need for air conditioning, roof vents that are thermostatically controlled to ensure sufficient ventilation and air flow keeping guests at a comfortable temperature all year round.
- has three spectacular roof lanterns, which means that it is light and bright all year round but also that you can just take a moment to look up to the sky making everyone feel relaxed, free and more connected with the outside.
We love to welcome new ideas!
As environmental concerns jump on the global agenda, we also want to do our bit by adopting responsible practices and by constantly looking for new ways to improve these so that we can operate as greenly as possible.
OUR RESPONSIBLE PRACTICES
We follow responsible practices such as recycling, growing our own herbs and fruit for the bar, collecting rain water, removing the use of straws and are also beginning to introduce solar panels across the estate.
Other efforts include:
- Exploring how we can support couples who want a greener wedding without losing the styles
- Introducing a series of measures in line with our eco pledge, which you can see on our “Guide to hosting an eco-friendly wedding” blog.
- By supporting local suppliers and encourage our couples to use them.
- Using hand-picked suppliers who are local and who support our green ethos, such as Scott Andersons
- Being recognised within the wedding industry as being sustainable and green thinking.
- Hosting our Eco-Chic Styled Shoot.