WHAT MAKES HAYNE HOUSE UNIQUE?
We are an eco-concious wedding venue with values that include integrity, honesty and passion all with an environmental conscience.
We pride ourselves on being ‘innovatively-green’ and sustainable which gives modern thinking couples the opportunity to not only celebrate their love for each other but also for their love of the planet.
Our sustainable Orangery means that “going green” no longer implies having to compromise on style.
The team have created a space that:
- uses sustainable materials including triple glazing argon filled glass windows and roof lanterns
- is made from responsibly sourced mahogany wood for quality, durability
- is designed to retain the heat in the colder months and stay well ventilated and cool in the summer.
- avoids the need for air conditioning, roof vents that are thermostatically controlled to ensure sufficient ventilation and air flow keeping guests at a comfortable temperature all year round.
- has three spectacular roof lanterns, which means that it is light and bright all year round but also that you can just take a moment to look up to the sky making everyone feel relaxed, free and more connected with the outside.
We love to welcome new ideas!
As environmental concerns jump on the global agenda, we also want to do our bit by adopting responsible practices and by constantly looking for new ways to improve these so that we can operate as greenly as possible.
Our Sustainable Pledge
To continue to expand on our already sustainability-built Orangery, making it completely carbon neutral.
To minimize the amount of energy used within the running of the venue, by turning off lights and appliances when not in use and only using renewable energy, where possible.
To reduce the amount of waste produced by a wedding. Including working with our caterers to make sue they are upholding policies and composting.
To continue to recycle, reuse and repurpose as much as we can on-site, both in the venue and office.
To only use low impact and sustainable, toilet paper and cleaning products across the venue.
Keep our grounds sustainable by having an eco-water harvesting system, expanding on our herb garden, composting areas and to only use electric gardening tools.
To transform the Former Hunting Lodge into a sustainable aspect of venue, by removing all one time use plastic, replacing windows and oil boiler.
To establish an electric car charging point on-site.
To continue to seek new ways to reduce our carbon footprint and doing our best to educate suppliers and staff about carrying out sustainable practices.
To ensure couples see each part of our journey and make sure they are well-equipped and actively encouraged to make more sustainable choices in their wedding planning.
We are also looking forward to working and supporting local sustainable charities and attending green events.