WHAT MAKES HAYNE HOUSE UNIQUE?
We are an eco-concious wedding venue with values that include integrity, honesty and passion all with an environmental conscience.
We pride ourselves on being ‘innovatively-green’ and sustainable which gives our couples the opportunity to not only celebrate their love for each other but also their love of the planet.
OUR COMMITMENT TO BEING A FULLY SUSTAINABLE VENUE
We are well aware of the impact that weddings create in terms of sustainability, and we are leaving no stones unturned in tackling this through our every day practices, by challenging each and every one of them.
Working alongside the United Nations Race to Zero, we are committed to halving our emissions by 2030 and working towards being carbon neutral as early as possible – 2035 being the very latest.
This is certainly not going to be a short or easy journey, but our team is passionate about leading the way and making changes that we hope will become common practice in the weddings industry.
We are always open for dialogue and sharing ideas on how we can make impactful changes so please do get in touch if you’d like to share some helpful tips or frustrations that you are finding with planning your sustainable wedding with us.
Our sustainable Orangery means that “going green” no longer implies having to compromise on style.
The team have created a space that:
- uses sustainable materials including triple glazing argon filled glass windows and roof lanterns
- is made from responsibly sourced mahogany wood for quality, durability
- is designed to retain the heat in the colder months and stay well ventilated and cool in the summer.
- avoids the need for air conditioning, roof vents that are thermostatically controlled to ensure sufficient ventilation and air flow keeping guests at a comfortable temperature all year round.
- has three spectacular roof lanterns, which means that it is light and bright all year round but also that you can just take a moment to look up to the sky making everyone feel relaxed, free and more connected with the outside.
We love to welcome new ideas!
As environmental concerns jump on the global agenda, we also want to do our bit by adopting responsible practices and by constantly looking for new ways to improve these so that we can operate as greenly as possible.
We believe in transparency at Hayne House and we want couples and suppliers to be aware of what we believe we can achieve in 2021. Below we have set out our Sustainable Pledge and whilst our dreams of becoming completely carbon neutral are big, we aim to make small steps every year to achieve our ultimate goal.
Our 2021 Goals
In January 2021, we kicked off the year by committing to the United Nations Race To Zero programme pledging to halve our emissions by 2030 and be completely carbon neutral by 2035 at the very latest. Here are some of the many goals we are currently working on:
- Assess and measure our emissions and set short term and long term targets, which we will publish and review annually.
- To change all our produce that we use on a regular basis and only source from local, ethical and sustainable businesses.
- To establish a fantastic working relationship with local farms, butchers and bakeries and help small businesses along the way.
- To start replacing the windows within The Hunting Lodge with new triple glazed ones in order to make it a step towards being more energy efficient.
- To work with our fabulous gardeners in Springtime to make sure our herb garden is thriving, expanding and a source of produce we can grow ourselves.
- To create more options for couples which help them make sustainable choices along their wedding journey. Making it easy for them to switch to being eco-friendly without having to compromise.
- To establish a platform for all our couples to help them understand the importance of recycling/hiring. We want to be able to showcase the message that being sustainable is not that difficult and essential for our planet.
- To work with other businesses and leaders within the sustainable world. We aim to learn and seek out better ways to run our ever-growing business.
- To look into an industrial sized composting system ensuring that any food waste is put to use by composting our grounds.
- To switch to a renewable energy supplier.
Our Sustainable Pledge
To continue to expand on our already sustainability-built Orangery, making it completely carbon neutral.
To minimize the amount of energy used within the running of the venue, by turning off lights and appliances when not in use and only using renewable energy, where possible.
To reduce the amount of waste produced by a wedding. Including working with our suppliers and caterers to make sure that together we adopt the best possible practices.
To continue to recycle, reuse and repurpose as much as we can on-site, both in the venue and office.
To only use low impact and sustainable, toilet paper and cleaning products across the venue.
Keep our grounds sustainable by having an eco-water harvesting system, expanding on our herb garden, composting areas and to only use electric gardening tools.
To transform the Former Hunting Lodge into a sustainable aspect of venue, by removing all one time use plastic, replacing windows and switching to green energy.
To establish an electric car charging point on-site.
To continue to seek new ways to reduce our carbon footprint and doing our best to educate suppliers and staff about carrying out sustainable practices.
To ensure couples see each part of our journey and make sure they are well-equipped and actively encouraged to make more sustainable choices in their wedding planning.
We are also looking forward to working and supporting local sustainable charities and attending green events.