Time to start your venue hunting! This can be the most fun to start looking around venues that you fancy with your fiancé and discovering what you would most like for your big day. That being said, it can also be so overwhelming knowing where to start, and what to ask your venue.
Once you have booked your viewing slot with Hayne House, you’ll have flicked through our brochure and followed us on Instagram. You may now be wondering what on earth should I be asking my venue at the viewing?
Our recommendation is to visit a few wedding venues on your own as a couple, (don’t take parents to first visits), but do take a list of questions! Is it always handy to ask your venue these key questions, to make sure you have the right venue for you. The below are our tips for what to ask, as well as the answers from Hayne House!
- Do you have a wet weather contingency?
- Absolutely, at Hayne House, our Orangery is the perfect indoor option – sometimes a preference by our couples!
- How flexible is the venue e.g. do we have to follow the venue’s set times?
- Not at all, we have guides and recommendations for how long sections will take. But this is your wedding – you create the day!
- Do you have the option for a late licence?
- Absolutely, Hayne House supplies a certain number of late license each year.
- What are the food options, for instance, could you include a grazing station for your evening guests?
- Our exclusive caterers can create your menu for you and your wedding guests! Fancy a hog roast, grazing platters, or crepe station? Get some inspiration from our catering brochure.
- What is included in the venue’s price for venue hire?
- Come along to a viewing or Open Day and see for yourself!
- What is the payment procedure if you want to book and how much is the initial booking fee?
- Our initial booking fee is £1000 to secure your date and then we arrange 2 payments between booking and your wedding date.
- Does the price quoted include VAT?
- How flexible are the venue’s drinks packages?
- We have a standard drinks package included and lots of upgrades to create your drinks for yourself. However, no-one knows your guests better than you so create a bespoke package with us – whatever you want! Take a look at our drinks brochure.
- Are there any set suppliers that are exclusive to the venue and how many can we choose ourselves?
- We arrange in-house our caterers, DJ and chair dressings – so you can tick those off the list with Hayne House! The rest is up to you – we leave the fun bits, the styling and decorating to you both.
- Do you have a recommended suppliers list?
- Absolutely – at Hayne House, we are very fortunate to have worked with so many wonderful suppliers from the local area and we have collated the best of the best within our suppliers list.
- What sort of accommodation do you have onsite?
- We have 6 bedrooms onsite in our Old Hunting Lodge. We also work with local hotels and accommodations to offer discounts for your guests.
- Is there the option to stay at the venue the night before the wedding?
- At Hayne House, we absolutely try and offer a night before stay whenever we can!
- Does the venue have a sustainable ethos?
- You can read about Hayne House’s commitment to sustainability here. Offering great incentives to those who make greener choices in their wedding. Winning multiple awards for the Most Sustainable Business, and being a part of the Sustainable Wedding Alliance.
- Can the venue guide us in making greener choices for our wedding?
- Hayne House’s incentive for – ‘A Wedding Doesn’t Have to Cost the Earth’. Encourages and guides our couples to make sustainable choices that don’t compromise on style or decor.
- Does the venue have getting ready rooms for both the bride and groom?
- Pamper Cottage for the girls is set along the woodland path – in the most serene and beautiful location. Whilst the Old Hunting Lodge lends itself for the boys to get groomed and aisle-ready.
You are now armed and ready to head for some venue viewings!
Hayne House host viewing days every weekend and look out for those special Open Days! Use the button below to book your viewing slot now.
Once you have booked your perfect wedding venue then it’s time to start designing and sending out Your Save The Date invites – but that’s a whole other part of planning a wedding! Did you know that Hayne House is situated at the perfect distance from locations like Ashford, Folkestone, Dover, Whitstable, Canterbury and many more!