Don’t be fooled into thinking that good ol’ British weather means outdoors ceremonies aren’t possible in the UK. The South-East can get some beautifully warm summer months, and with Hayne House’s wooden porch meeting the law requirements for a civil ceremony, you can have our incredible gardens as a backdrop to your vows.
If you’re opting for a real ‘one with nature’ ceremony, why not consider marrying in our gorgeous gardens? Many couples are now opting to do the ‘legal bits’ at a registry office the day before their wedding. Meaning they can exchange vows and rings in the great outdoors, officially marking the marriage. This gives couples the option to have a humanist ceremony or blessing.
SIMPLE TIPS FOR YOUR OUTDOOR CEREMONY
- Consider where the sun will be during your ceremony in the summer months. This may have an effect on the photography and the comfort of your guests.
- On those warm summer days it can be a nice touch to include a ‘welcome’ drink before the ceremony, we think Pimms can be the perfect thirst quenching treat
- Draw on nature to inspire any decor used in the ceremony area, traditional petal lined aisles or full foliage pew ends can enhance your surroundings.
- ‘Order of the Day’ fans double up as a way for guests to cool down and see what exciting things are to come throughout the day
From Eagle Eyed Bride
LET THE OUTDOOR CELEBRATIONS CONTINUE….
After being showered in confetti (real petals, naturally!) on your walk back up the aisle as a married couple, you can then continue the outside celebrations and host your reception drinks on the lawns. Why not opt for a country garden inspired cocktail to really make it special?
Here’s some other touches you could add to create wedding perfection;
- Encourage your guests to make the most of the British summertime and create outdoor lounge areas in amongst nature.
- Explore the beautiful gardens, and nestle away one of our DIY Gin Bars to enjoy for your drinks reception.
- Don’t forget you can decorate the outdoors too, we love simple ideas like ribbons or photos hanging in trees, adding personality and pops of colour.
- Garden games are a popular choice for guests to get stuck in and have some fun. Traditional fair games like hook a duck or beat the buzzer can be hired in, from a company such as Big Day Prop Hire.
- Live musicians set up outdoors can really set the mood for a fantastic reception. You could consider some simple harp playing, or perhaps even go a little more modern with an acoustic duo.
Photo with thanks to Emma Migden
And, the al-fresco celebrations don’t need to end there. Our brand new Orangery allows you and your guests a 180º view of our beautiful gardens, and when the sun is shining we open up all the doors to bring the outside in for you and you guests.
Mention an outdoor UK wedding to anyone and they’ll always tell you to have a Plan B. However, at Hayne House you need not worry should the weather take a turn. Our porch is set up to protect you and your guests from a little cold weather or rain showers. Alternatively, our beautiful Orangery is the perfect wet weather contingency, with its glass lantern ceiling and large doors you’ll feel the outside in.
So, if you’re thinking about tying the knot in the outdoors, why not come and visit Hayne House and see how we can make your dream al-fresco wedding a reality?